Letter From Mrs. Gianni our Principal
August 23, 2016
Dear Saints John and Paul Families,
I hope that your family had a restful and rejuvenating summer. We are looking forward to an enriching, active and rewarding year for your children.
As the Principal, I am thrilled to be part of a school community where family members are visible and actively engaged, as well as an integral component of the daily routine at Saints John and Paul School. I am honored and privileged to lead a dynamic community where teachers and staff cultivate an environment for students to achieve and believe in themselves through a faith based education. We are entering our 64th year of educating children. Throughout the year we will be having different events gearing up to our 65th anniversary next year. Together we will celebrate our school’s history!
Our enrollment has increased by approximately 16% this year. We are privileged to be a school that is continuing to grow.
Some additional information that have been incorporated this school year:
- Security Office / Receptionist – She will meet and greet everyone.
- Children will pickup their late passes at the security office.
- Drop off and Pickup Protocols see enclosed sheet.
- Start time for K-8 will be at 8:20 am in the gym for prayers. The earliest a child may be dropped off in K-8 will be 8:00am. Once a student receives their late pass they can proceed to the gym for prayers.
- Half-day dismissals will be at 11:30 am for all students in grades K-8
- Pre-K start time will be 8:30 am. Students may be dropped off as early as 8:20 am by the church doors between the school and church. It is kiss and drop.
- If your Pre-K student has siblings they may be dropped off in their classroom as early as 8:20 am.
- Dismissal for Pre-K will be at 2:30 pm. If your child has a sibling in the upper grades your child will stay in their classroom with the teacher and they will be brought to the gym for dismissal.
- On half-day dismissals Pre-K will dismiss at 11:45 am.
We had to say good-bye to three wonderful teachers that will not be returning to SJP for the academic school year of 2016-2017, Mrs. Raphaelle d’Illiers, Ms. Jean Beckerle and Mrs. Kristen Peterson. We will continue to wish them well in their new endeavors and wish them well. You will see some wonderful new faces among our staff this September. We welcome them to our school community:
Security Office / Receptionist Ms. Dayna Packes
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher: Mrs. Margaret Tuohy
Second Grade Teacher: Ms. Nicolette Smith
Third Grade Teacher: Ms. Tiffany Robertson
Fourth Grade Teacher: Mrs. Marie Lamari
Middle School Teacher: Mr. Christopher Piccone
Music Teacher: Mrs. Marie Jacobi
Computer Teacher: Mrs. Mitzi Echeverria
English as a Second Language in French Teacher (ESLF): Mrs. Anna Scaramella
8th Grade ALPS ELA Teacher: Ms. Elizabeth Ahern
Middle School Math Teacher: Mr. Anthony Scottie
French Teacher: Mrs. Eleonore d’Espinay
French National Teacher Grades K-1: Ms. Karine Richard
First Grade Aide: Mrs. Janet Kuntz
Second Grade Aide: Ms. Donna Gallello
Enhancements to our program:
- Royston our Theater Director will be returning. Our school play this year will be Peter Pan. Look for the flyer that will be distributed to the middle school students in September for auditions.
- An additional Pre-K 4 has been incorporated into our program with Mrs. Margaret Tuohy and Mrs. Haley as the lead team for that classroom.
- The eighth grade Shakespeare Enrichment English class will be offered at 7:30 am – 8:15 am three times a week. This class is offered to our accelerated eighth grade students in our ALPS Program (see attached sheet for a description of ALPS).
- Engineering will still be offered to our seventh and eighth graders. This year they will be concentrating on a project that will be developed throughout the entire school year with a culminating presentation at the end.
- Some of our teachers were trained at The Winward School this summer in Preventing Academic Failure (PAF) and will train our staff in the younger grades.
- Multi-media Room – the Library and the Computer center has been combined to allow for another classroom.
- The server room will be utilized as the Middle School Research Room for students to utilize for classes and research.
- The server has been moved to another location in the school.
- The Castle Learning Center – We have allocated a room off the lunchroom that will be a resource room for our students who needed additional help in reading, who will be receiving Mamaroneck services.
- Our ESLF teacher will be located in the main office.
- Saints John and Paul has also gone wireless!
- Parents in the Middle School will be able to log onto Cornerstone to view their child’s grades. This will be explained at back-to-school night for our parents. More information to come.
You will also be receiving a letter from your teacher shortly. Please look out for that letter by the end of the summer. Please know that I welcome your participation, support, and efforts, as they are greatly valued and appreciated. We are looking forward to a great year of academic success, an enriching social experience and an on going collaborative experience between administration, parents, students, and teachers. I look forward to seeing you bright and early for our first day of school, Thursday, September 8th!
SJP Summer at the Park
Group Playdate for all NEW and EXISTING SCHOOL families
Saturday August 27th 9-11am
(Locust Ave, Larchmont NY)
Coffee & Donuts provided
Tuesday, September 6th 11:30am-2pm
(Baldwin and Myrtle Ave, Across from Larchmont train station)
Bring your own lunch and a blanket.
Wear your SJP gym shirt! So the kids can easily find each other!
(Unless it is pouring rain, we will be there!) Questions?- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by the PSPA Welcome Committee
Orientation for New Families
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
8:00 am – 8:30 am
8th Grade Meeting
All parents are asked to meet with Mrs. Scozzari in Room 19
8:30 am – 9:15 am
All New Students grades 1-8
Parents & Students will gather in the auditorium for a brief school overview,
after there will be an opportunity to meet their prospective teachers.
9:15 am – 10:00 am
Fluent French Students
Parents and student will meet with Mrs. Elsa Douineau in the Auditorium
9:45 am - 10:30 am
PreK and K Orientations in Classrooms with children
“used uniform” swap/sale during all the orientations today. Open to all SJP families. FLEECES especially available! in all sizes so shop early!
The joyful days!
UP coming Events
Used Uniform Sale/Swap“used uniform” swap/sale during all the orientations today. Open to all SJP families. FLEECES especially available! in all sizes so shop early!Saints John & Paul School
Click Events for detailsSaints John & Paul School
OrientationsNew Student Welcomes: See Home page for orientation information.Saints John & Paul School
First Day of SchoolPreK 8:30 - 11:45 Drop off and dismissal in classrooms. K start 8:20 in classrooms. Grades 1-8 start 8:20 in Gym. K - 8 grade 11:30 dismissal in Gym.Saints John & Paul School
Half DaySaints John & Paul School
Ways to Support SJP
- Please support SJP with Box Tops by signing up at www.BTFE.com and sending in your Box Tops coupons all year long.
Register your ShopRite Plus Club Cards and opt-in to emails. SJP will receive 50 cents for everyone who registers their card at www.shopriteformyschool.com and selects Saints John and Paul as the school they would like to support.